Monday, October 31, 2005

Catching up

Today I may become unemployed.

My schedule was supposed to change and it did-- but my hours went UP! Uh, hello, I said I wanted to be there less. So I'm thinking today I may end up jobless and that would make me so happy. I just don't get the idea of spending your time (your life) working for someone and the rewards can be so few. Not for me.

I will of course have to get to work on my bears in a serious way and that's gonna require some discipline but I can do it. Like the Bible says, if you don't work, you don't eat and I've got this thing for three squares a day.

I'm also poised to begin the novel tomorrow. Unofficial participant in the National Novel Writing Month. No job is gonna impede on that. And I'm excited! I've written two novels before as well as almost finishing a novel-in-short-stories, but this is the novel that means a great deal to me. Pretty ambitious work and I'm looking forward to seeing if I can do this and what I might learn from it all.

Today though, before I go to the job-I-may-no-longer-have, I'm gonna start a new short story that's been playing around in my head and try to get that flash finally revised and submitted.

Yes, I've been bumming for some days. Not doing much although, if nothing else, the New York Times are now in a much neater stack;-)

No comments: