Tuesday, March 28, 2006

American Idol

I love that show. I stopped watching television altogether years ago, but an article about the first season in USA Today got me watching again.

I'm a fan of Taylor Hicks. I love his voice but mostly I love his resemblance to Michael McDonald.

Susan seems to think Elliot Yamin has a chance but she's wrong! (sorry Susan)

This is how I think it will play out:

Talent will do Bucky in this week. He's the weakest one still standing.

Then Ace Young who my daughters think is "hot" but he's not as vocally strong as the others.

Kelly Pickler or Lisa Tucker will exit next. Kelly's not in the same vocal range as the others and she's more in the country vein. There was a "country" winner last year, so no repeat.

Bye, bye Elliot here.

Paris Bennet and then Katharine McPhee. Or in reverse order.

Chris Daughtry, though the judges love him, will be in the final three but not the last two. The judges' unwavering accolades, I think, will backfire and he'll be booted out.

Mandisa and Taylor will be the last two standing. Anyone's call. Although I love Taylor's look, my kids say he looks too old. And Mandisa, well, she's black and there have already been two black American Idols and I think the "quota" thinking will nix her chance.

But I don't vote and I could be all wrong and I'm just mad that Sway is gone ;-)

1 comment:

SusanD said...

Taylor sang last night, which is what I originally liked about him. I think he'll make the final two for sure.

I have now grown emotionally attached to my hobbity Elliott and refuse to admit that he'll be gone soon.

Like your flashdrive, he will persevere!