Tuesday, March 28, 2006

An offer you can't refuse

One thing I will miss about living in New Mexico is the food, particulary the chile. I LOVE green chile and the best comes from just up the road in Hatch.

Most every morning, I get green chile stew (and a doughnut, if I have no willpower) from a canteen on the university campus.

Days ago, I ran into the supervisor of the canteen at the bus stop.

"Heading to the university?" he asked.

"Nah, I just got off work."

He asked where I worked.

I pulled my jacket aside so he could see the logo.

"How long have you been in food service?" he asked.

"Years," I replied.

"You should come work for me," he told me. "All the green chile stew and chocolate doughnuts (Krispy Kreme!!!!) you can eat."

I laughed and reluctantly told him no. It was an offer I didn't want to refuse, but my thighs and butt said I must!

No comments: