Friday, March 17, 2006

Stage fright

I ran into Mark in the grocery store parking lot. He was the director for the last play I was in. I asked him about this work he was trying to get to the stage, but, he said, not enough people auditioned.

"Fences" was put on for Black History Month in Feb. and I was going to be a part of that-August Wilson has a stipulation requiring black direction of his work--it would have been my directorial debut and I would have had the lead part but I didn't have the time to commit to it all.

A woman who saw me in "Vagina Monologues" a couple of years ago suggested I take part in it this year, but again no time.

I like acting, it brings out another side of me, but right now it's not something that I want to do because my focus is on moving.

Mark had wanted me to play the lead in his play. A comedy/ melodrama, and an interesting one at that.

But even if Mark thought I could do it, I just couldn't see myself as a leather corset-wearing, dildo-bearing villainess!






(well, perhaps not at least, on a *public* stage)

No comments: