Tuesday, March 28, 2006

If my head wasn't attached. . .

Yesterday I lost my primary cellphone.

Saturday I lost my flash drive. Yes, again and so soon after finding it.

Did not bother me.

In her book "The Energy of Money," Maria Nemeth writes that obstacles "surface as you take your goal from metaphysical to physical reality. . . . Obstacles are the sign that physical reality is pushing back against your efforts and adding form to the energy of your dream."

I'm trying to stay organized so I can get things done so I can have what I need to get the heck out of here. Realizing this intention is going to shake up my world. [I didn't lose things when I was living in some disorganization. I knew I had whatever-- I just didn't know where it was;-)]

Things sometimes fall apart so things can come together.

When I decided to become a writer, my car engine blew, (having already quit my full-time job )the part-time job I had lined up fell through and I was moving into a smaller house that my landlord at that time had, but the people didn't move out (she was going to have to take them to court but she'd already rented the house I was in!).

But a writer I knew had told me that I'd have to be committed. That meant NO MATTER WHAT, I had to keep on. So i did and
that's the principle guiding me now. Just keep my eye on the goal/intention.

The biggest thing is that I see losing these things as an inconvenience. That's the gift.

I grew up in a family that dramatized the most silliest of things and I had a tendency to "awfulize."

It's disappointing to lose things, but not devastating. I can see that I've changed. Cool! Buy me some pull-ups cause I'm a big girl now!

No comments: