Wednesday, August 16, 2006

Sometimes I ask God to answer to me

Yes, I have that audacity. I know I'm not alone in that.

The example of Job is put into the Bible to serve as a guide for us, for the behavior we should exhibit toward the Almighty.

I am going through something that is huge (I will share it when the time is right because it's the reason I'm still here and not in Vermont).

Why God, why? I kept pleading and crying and arguing and pretty much being irritated with what He was allowing in my life. Jehovah doesn't cause things to be but He does allow them.

I decided I was done arguing with God. Purposeless. Dumb. To no avail because He does not answer to me. So I surrendered and when I was no longer ashamed of how I'd tossed the blame (for allowing this) onto Him, I went to Jehovah and I humbly asked why.

And He told me. It was revealed why it matters and how it directly relates to my relationship with Him and whether or not I will submit to His will.

Submission has to do with trust and I have real issues with that. And being my issues means I have to deal with them, not blame God for my issues' existence.

And of course, Life sent me a situation immediately-- I have to decide if I can trust someone. But that's part of the story I'll tell you later.

No I am going to share it. Really.

*Trust* me.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

What you put on me was unrealistic, questionable, death-defying. You make me responsible for everything so that you will be responsible for nothing. And THAT is somehow fair?? I have/had no idea what was going on. Not a clue. And this is MY fault?? If this is your idea of kindness in this life, you can have it! You invade my home, rape me and drag me out in the street to be murdered in full view of everyone. And it's my fault?!