Thursday, August 17, 2006

"I'm glad I never proposed to you"

There's this guy that I have a really nice relationship with; he is a good, good friend.

He likes me and he's open about that and I tease him about it. He sometimes introduces me to people/co-workers as his "almost-girlfriend" because he says if he didn't already have one, I'd be it.

Yesterday I was telling him about the difficulties getting where I want to be and I ended my part of the conversation by saying that I wasn't giving up--that I was gonna hold on like a bulldog.

"I'm tenacious like that," I said.

"Well, I'm glad I never proposed to you," he replied. "We'd be married and then you'd go from sweet to bulldog mean."

I laughed with him and shook my head as he walked away. He didn't understand.

I know that things don't go as one wants but you keep trying anyway, and my tenacity is a quality that would be an asset. I think every man needs a woman who understands and who's willing to not give up--and esp. on him.

No comments: