Thursday, August 03, 2006

Fidel?

On a Cuba watch.

I have a story I was working on called "Barcardi Dreams." Only got part of it done. It involved Barcardi, the rum company, and I'd contacted them 'cause I figured I needed permission to use the info since it came from their website and the rest of the story was dependent on their response. They passed me off to their public relations office.

Stuck in traffic there. Put, not on hold, but "ignore," but that turned out to be okay because when I went to Miami to read, Didi the incredibly wonderful publisher of Mipoesias and other literary endeavors,who is of Cuban descent showed me how I was way off about the all-important characterization.

So maybe my story is about something else-- something that's occuring now. Watching. And waiting.

No comments: